Stef’s improv classes create an environment of profound and hilarious mutual support where students know that every facet of their creative self - from the goofball to the dramatic, from the most confident to the most vulnerable - is appreciated. Students learn to get out of their own way, leave their judgment and shame at the door and let their glorious silliness shine through, discovering characters and stories and whole worlds within themselves that have never been seen before. Through a plethora of warm-ups, games and scene-work exercises, students come away with lighter hearts, sharper minds, a host of creative tools and a deeper appreciation for themselves.
What you can learn
- Build confidence in yourself - In your ideas, your self-expression, your voice, and your creative power!
- Tap into the world of inspiration within you - Stories, characters and ideas that spring from your heart and onto the stage
- Explore a supportive, playful environment designed to make you look like the rockstar you are!
- Improve your listening skills - Listening to your scene partners, to the energy of the room and the audience, and most of all, to yourself!
- Learn to stop taking everything so seriously!
- Have fun on stage - Learn to love the attention you get form an audience that wants only to see you succeed!
- Trust yourself - The more you nurture your creative genius, the keener it gets!
- Get present - improv lives in the moment, not in the mind. Conveniently, so does that real world!
- Live more courageously - Take risks, face fears and have fun doing it!
"Stef's teaching and demeanor created a warm, welcoming environment in his musical improv class. In a medium that can sometimes be intimidating and create vulnerable emotions for those participating, he was able to unite everyone, no matter what their experience level was, with his wonderful warm-ups, approachable nature and expertise. My confidence grew because of Stef's feedback and guidance and I feel grateful to have had the experience to be taught by him." - Kate DeFeo, NYC